SPRINKLE A BIT OF HAPPINESS ON A CHILD
Sunshine Association offers a range of courses aimed at supporting professionals, caregivers, communities and families in their stimulation and development of children with disabilities.
is an indigenous, unique training programme developed by the Sunshine Association. It is a practical and hands on course presented by qualified trainers. The course is based on normal development for the age group 0 - 4 years.
• 3 day course for people with level 4 qualification
• 5 day course for people with a qualification below level 4 or matric.
On completion participants will be able to:
• Clearly understand developmental areas
• Be able to assess and determine areas of difficulties or delays
• Know how to stimulate children, especially in areas of difficulties or delays
• Be able to structure an intervention programme with activities and home care programmes.
• Be empowered to help children with disabilities and developmental delays reach their full potential.
The course is endorsed by the following people:
Dr Gill Lloyd – Wits School of Education (University of Witwatersrand)
Prof Lorna Jacklin – Principal Consultant Paediatrician (Johannesburg Hospital)
Prof MP Koen – Chairperson: Telematic School of Nursing (North-West University)
Prof Marie Poggenpoel – Nursing Science (University of Johannesburg)
- The main aim of this programme is to create awareness and skill regarding issues around including children with disabilities in regular programmes and community life. The course is based on development for the age group 4 - 7 years.
- This is designed for caregivers or practitioners who manage classrooms daily and includes daily programme construction, the importance of routine, etc.
We are a dynamic progressive and innovative non profit organisation committed to the development of children with disabilities, intellectual/developmental or physical delay.
We focus on early intervention in the field of intellectual disability and offer diverse services on many levels
Donate R10 by SMSing ‘SHINE’ to 38844.
For larger donations, use our banking details:
Sunshine Centre Association | Nedbank | 1972028464 | Hyde Park
To view our wish-list items,